Friday, May 1, 2009

Milk, Salt & Lemon.

What do you do to pamper yourself during your free time? Or do you even have free time?

Spas, facials, foot massage... It could be whatever really, but I believe in doing all these in between things because of my hectic schedules
especially on weekdays. Does that mean we can't pamper ourselves on weekdays?! No. We should!


Even if it's the weekends, instead of going through the hassle of getting ready, getting stuck in a stupid weekend jam, the dilemma about what to wear... BAH! That's not call pampering! Just for the sake of yanking my in-grown nails man~ I can do it at home for FREE.

i.e. While waiting for a friend who's gonna be late to come get you (or even FFK), or before your favourite TV show starts - this is what I usually do, so can you. (=

DSC03042
No, not cam whoring!

But a D.I.Y pedicure session at your own living room by the window accompanied by a cuppa hot chocolate and magazines by your feet, listening to some lazy afternoon jazz tracks and that air cond breeze? I promise it can be very fulfilling.

pedicure2
class="gl_align_center"
Pedicure means foot care in Latin. Pedi means foot, cura means care. (:

DSC03731
Fill a wide tub with lukewarm water on a clean, medium size piece of rug. You can forget about the rug if you want to wet your tiles and start skiing without ice on your floor. Remember to test the water temperature with your hands first!

DSC03732
I don't waste my money on salt that costs more than 2 ringgit for what - 500g? That's silly. Use normal salt!!! Salt is traditionally used to kill germs and relax sprained muscles so this can't go wrong. Add around 1 big tablespoon of salt and stir with your feet.

p/s:
You can also add a 1/4 cup of milk to loosen dead skin.



DSC03733
Put your happy feet inside. Watch Gossip Girls, read a book, eat a chocolate chip cookie... Baby you can do whatever you like~

When the water starts to feel cold (usually around 15 minutes), take a pumice stone and foot brush. Please don't use just any stones (this is different from the 'salt casualty' we did) because pumice stone is not just any stones. It is a volcanic rock created when a rock is highly pressurized and forcefully aloof by the volcano, then..... TADAAA~!

DSC03735
We have a pumice stone! This 2-in-1 stone + brush I'm using is from Bloop Paris. Only RM9.90!

TIP: If you have yellowish nails, try rubbing some whitening toothpaste onto your nails. (Nails and teeth are both calcium based 'dead' cells.) If you have lemon, drip a drop of lemon juice on each toe and massage through.

Don't scrub too hard but scrub to smooth. You don't want swollen red soles. LOL!


DSC03734
I did a short, simple survey for F21 and got this for FREE. How AWESOME! Toenail clippers, orange sticks, nail files, all in one nice and neat silver tube good for travel too!

Dry your feet on the rug you prepared and file your nails square or round, it's up to you.

DSC03744
Lastly, apply your favourite intensive foot cream. I suggest Aiken's. You can get it at Guardian or Watson.

It's BEST to do this ONCE a week.


DSC03040
The whole process took me about 30 minutes and my feet felt so soft, supple, and happy! You might not know until you try it out yourself; and trust me, you won't regret it --- Your feet will thank you!

By the time I was done, my other friend came to pick me up instead. Haha! See?

TIME MANAGEMENT -> PRETTY FEET -> SAVE MONEY =

HAPPIER, LOVELIER, YOU. (((=