Friday, February 6, 2009

I miss home !!!

I think you'll have to salivate again!

DSC01108
Let me present to you my mom's
Thai lunch spread!

DSC01106
Isn't she amazinggg? I've been her daughter for years but I
still couldn't believe it's true sometimes...

If I were to make only ONE sauce, I would survive. But if I were to make FIVE different sauces, I would most prolly die! Mom made a variety of FIVE incomparable Thai sauces for us to choose from to go with our ayam, ikan, sayur, and the fragrant Nasi Pandan... <3

DSC01110
Sweet 'N' Fresh crisp big ass Prawns drenched with #6 Thai sauce. You've never been to heaven, this is twice as nice~ *
yum yum*

DSC01114
Ikan Goreng Cili ala Thai with its tangy Thai Red Sauce.

DSC01117
Ladies Fingers (from our own garden!!!) topped with mom's secret tasty
Sambal Belacan.

DSC01115
Green Curry Chicken; trust me it was
green when it's not captured with a camera lens!

DSC01118
Thirst Quencher -
Limaunade with syrup pandan.

DSC01139
Oh GOD I felt as full as hell.

DSC01145
Very contented at the same time...

DSC01138
And what could be better than a nice sweet nap with a full stomach after lunch on a hot sunny day...

DSC01146
BUT as I killed the lights,

DSC01147
I couldn't sleep.

Because it was TIME to EAT AGAIN !!!!!

DSC00974
This is Mom's CNY Oreo Cheesecake which is so much creamier, smoother, and richer than Secret Recipe's. SR sucks nowadays. Don't you agree?

Here's another cake Mom made which I think you'll love too (:

DSC01202
Chocolate Blueberry Cheese Cake. *GASPS!* I had TWO of these, man! This is how I gained 2KGs in TEN days! lol

STILL happy about it.

Mom could set up a vendor selling her famous Nasi Gam and still having people queue. Mom could open a cafe' selling sandwiches, cakes, & pastries, and people would die to have her fresh hot cross buns; with raisins, or without. Mom could
also open a restaurant whether it serves Thai, Chinese, Malay, Western, or simply just a Steamboat restaurant on a romantic spa boat!

DSC01167
Japanese Steamboat (means Miso)

DSC01200
Korean Steamboat (
KimChi flavored)

I almost burst like a fat frog after meal every day for ten days straight like this.

To show off more of my mom's baking skills, this Wonder KitchenWoman can even bake make her own
PIZZA!!!

DSC01174
I swear this sweet beauty started from scratch.

DSC01160
From the dough, to the tomato paste, to the crust.....

The CRUST.

DSC01178
LOOK at the CRUST! There's a big fat slutty sausage inside!!! Melting with cheeessseee~~~!

DSC01175
Mozarella tastes awesome and it's always fun pulling them like chewing gum.

DSC01168
*BURP* - Call me Burping Pot.

I hope I don't bore you, but here is
pai nian session #9458731662...

DSC01182
Tzong Syh and I went to Patrick Sar's house. Do check out his blog if you can read Mandarin. I have a feeling that you'll like his simple sense of humor.

DSC01180
See; he served us with an empty bottle and crushed crumbs instead of cookies. =/

Next was Kang Wee's house and the group eventually grew bigger and bigger...!

DSC01186
Kang Wee's birthday is very special. It's on Valentine's day! *awww~*

DSC01187
Ah Kai | Me | Ah Hao & Ah Syh acting gay... <3

DSC01191
Kang Wee's brother showed us this portable namo amitabha radio which sounded hilarious I was like wtf. =X

DSC01193
And I found a mug filled with dried barley aged over a week ago like fermented beans in his brother's room WTF!

Our last stop for the day was to Nor Ain's :

DSC01197
The Hippie Biggie Labisian Groupie.

DSC01195
Apparently, this shop has many certificates... but the food tasted horrible.

DSC01196
Kopi Jantan, Kopi Janggut, kopi this kopi that. Copy copy copy. All kerja photostate Tongkat Ali. After drinking
kopi janggut will grow janggut is it?

Or will I grow a dick after drinking Kopi Jantan?