Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Taste of Bali !!!


DSC06113
This is me. Me at Bali.

DSC06111
There's a place called The Beach House where we had most of our meals @ Canggu.

DSC06112
'We', include myself, Kenny, Jac, Ringo, and Chingy!


There's a reason why I choose to leak out my Bali pictures now and not to post starting from Day One.

It is because... You see, we tasted this really good Lobster Bisque at The Beach House (we even ordered it day N night; so dangerous) and I just couldn't get it out of my mind since I came back! It looked like this :

DSC06154
Oh aM Gee. This. I swear. Is my favvvvvourite soup in the WWW. Whole wide world, ehem excuse me.

I missed it so much and I didn't know where to get it, or how, or when I could get a taste of that rich velvety orange magical lobster bisque again! ))))))))))'=

That was when MUM came to the RESCUE!

DSC06146
HappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappy!

DSC06126
I'm gonna give you a taste of Bali today. Smell it people! SMELL IT!!

DSC06517
Put these beauties in a box and SHAKE IT with the marinating stuff!

DSC06522
Fresh big asssss prawns (cause this is not Bali after all and we know not where to get fresh lobsters)

DSC06526
Pure butter, bombay onions, ginger pieces, and a handful of spices come in handy~ All in a pot waiting to turn golden brown!

DSC06115
Can you smell it? Hahaha... XD

DSC06527
Now that the prawns are all sexc orange and spiced up, WE ADD IN THE... THE..... THE!!!!!!!!!!

DSC06532
CHEESE!?!?!?!?!?!?! Now I know the secret!

DSC06533
wOO hOO melting cheese baybeh!!! (sorry bout the exclamation marks... I just get so excited!!!!!!!!!! Ops.)

DSC06534
:D

DSC06152
I love this part right here :

DSC06535
MORE cheese!!!

DSC06537
Simmer the broth and cheese till fragrant.

DSC06531
While waiting we made abalone mushrooms as our side line~

DSC06538
I left the kitchen to watch a movie with my brother and when Mum called for lunch, I realized the prawns were stripped naked ALREADY!!! Means no messy peeling jobs to do! *yay yay yay!*

Does your mum peel prawn and crab shells for ya?

And the BEST thing is, it tastes 95% the SAME with the bisque at BALI!!! Good job, mummy! xxx

DSC06539
English Potato Soup from home... Hi tummy warmer! :D

DSC06543
Mum was still worried if we didn't get enough fiber in our system, so she steamed golden corn kernels for us. These are not corn in the cans, but real corn from the cobs!

DSC06510
Curry Glass Noodle CRABS for dinner! I can feel cinta cholesterol. LOL

DSC06118
I had a taste of Bali in Malaysia. Have you??? ^^


***


Normal people would have thought of these on a breakfast table spread:

DSC06513
DSC06514
But these turned out to be our breakfast dessert. @@

Mum made both of these by herself.
Fatt Kueh (the first), and the ala Kim Gary thick cheesy toasts (the latter).

What we
really had for breakfast were dishes! :

DSC06496
DSC06497
DSC06498
DSC06499
DSC06500
Mind you that was for breakfast. Not brunch!


The second day we had this :

DSC06515
Why so khasiat one?!?!?!?! Chicken lah, prawns lah, mushrooms lah, sayur lah... all simmered in concentrated chicken broth! For breakfast.

Speaking bout the word khasiat, we even had a Juice Bar in my apartment. Dad, was the juicer of the dayyy! :D

DSC06528
Does your dad juice for ya?


Mum was worried our body couldn't consume so much vitamin goodies at one go, so dad actually worked on those juices throughout the day; which also means every now and then all of us had FREE FLOW juice to drink! =D


DSC06545
Mum cooked dinner for me before they 'abandoned' me. And so I had some tasty fried rice and my favvvv (tho not many people are a fan of) bitter gourd. You should learn how to eat them you know~!

DSC06132
I'm a very lucky girl and yea, I know it. *;)