Tuesday, April 7, 2009

P Kuasa Dua

Here comes Penang Part 2; another collection of its kind (PPKTP). We are still in the 1st 'P' category, but believe me - we'll be in the last in NO TIME! Today I am gonna share with you another 2 to 3 *new* places to eat. (((=

But before we start, I have to post some pictures of the hotel I stayed in. I couldn't get enough of it, and it only felt 'worth it' if I at LEAST captured more pictures when I could! Ever felt that way? Give me a Hi-5!

DSC01666
The lovely bay view.

DSC01684
And looking down deep into the sea of nothing-ness.

DSC01686
My mum and I both wore the same kinda attire agen!! hahaha... I really think this is funny. Cuz we didn't plan this.

DSC01668
I dream to have this in my own HOUSE ffs.

DSC01678
If dreams are white, is reality black? It couldn't be the other way round... for me at least. My dreams are always too bright to bear.

DSC01679
Hotel slippers keep worms and carpet lice from entering your body thru your toe nails!! That's not completely true.

DSC01682
Fresh flowers in the morning, fresh face, fresh laundry, and a brand new day. ((=

DSC01688
Now we leave the hotel...

DSC01692
Seriously. DO you think we look alike? There are many people who said we look like photocopies! @@

DSC01691
At the lobby while waiting for dad to check-out.

DSC01695
I think the location of Gurney Hotel is pretty strategic. I don't think staying near Komtar is better. Yeee~!

DSC01697
That's my dear, PINK, Roxy luggage he's carrying...

DSC01699
And our family picture with the bellboy who worked there for almost a decade, according to my dad. I forced him to take picture with us just because he wore white too... HAHA! & oh look; my hair looks like it's longgg already!!! :DDD

DSC01701
Leavin'.


After making myself dizzy and shit by cam-whoring too much in the car, we reached this boring nutmeg place. -__________-"

DSC01707
DSC01704
DSC01703
Megsss. Urgh. Bahhh~

DSC01706
Why do you sell more products from other states, instead of Penang's??? I don't understand!!!


***


Now it's Recommendation Time. Or maybe not. The first one I'm gonna share with you is this :

DSC01713
Jie Mei Chao Guo Tiao. Sisters' Fried Kuey Teow. It used to be the BEST in Penang; but this time when we went there...

DSC01717
It was quite tragic. The kuey teow looked pale and colorless, it tasted plain and blend, the saltiness wasn't even, the prawns..... Haiyoh. Need me say more?

The plate further away was the crab meat one and as we expected real crab crab meat inside the teows, this aunty only put setitik (that's to show how little) canned crab meat on top of it... and that's it.

WHY???

Same goes to both these delicacies from the same place :

DSC01715
Yam Cake,

DSC01716
Otak-otak.

Not very impressive.


***


The following places starting from here is however, damn kick-ass!


1. Mee Merah.
DSC01718
It is situated along Jalan Burma, Pulau Tikus.

DSC01719
Also introduced by Ah Xian in his tv show before.

DSC01721
Thanks to Jie Mei Char Kuey Teow we waited patiently because we (our stomachs) can.

DSC01722
Here comes our Mee Goreng Merah and Mee Merah Basah ala Rojak style. Damn delicious I swear. The three of us prefered the basah one.


2. Asam Laksa and Cendol

a) Asam Laksa.
DSC01723
He's so famous he doesn't need extra publicity therefor hated me for snapping his picture. *cabutz

DSC01725
I reckon this is the BEST in town liau. It's situated in a kopitiam near Komtar's police station.


b) Cendol (THE BEST I EVER HAD!!!)
DSC01724
This cendol vendor is located just outside the asam laksa place.

DSC01727
Smooth, creamy, milky, tasty, not OTT... AIYOH it's just so WONDERFUL I just-don't-think words can describe it like that. Any thesaurus would just kill the beauty of this lovely cendol. May you remain in my memory as the best green thing I ever tasted.

DSC01728
However, L-O-L! Don't worry aunty; your asam laksa and cendol is so sedap - How could we possibly go in there and pay 40 cents just to sit?!


***


Gurney shopping
DSC01882
DSC01885
DSC01878
DSC01880
DSC01883
DSC01886
Amazing, huh? We bought a bottle of this organic enzyme but I haven't try it out myself yet.

Aaanyway. Perlis's post coming up soon. Stay tuned! 8)