Thursday, July 9, 2009

WuXi is so Memorable

Four places to cover today - Han Shan Temple, the Silk Factory, Jin Ji Lake (SuZhou) and the Gigantic Ling Shan Buddha (WuXi).

Let's start with Han Shan Temple.

DSC04940
DSC04941
It was pretty crowded that day... SWINE GOWAY~!

DSC04942
Reads Han Shan.

DSC04945
It's like a painted picture!

DSC04962
Want to send an SMS to God? Get a red stripe.

DSC04947
A poem about nature and knowledge our tour guide recited to us in a glamorous way.

DSC04959
This Japanese couple is old and mean. I swear by the moon they are. Mum and brother were almost there at the hottest picture spot of the temple, and I thought Japanese were famous for they courtesy(!), but perhaps this couple managed to stir up my ancestors hatred towards the Japs in me - I don't know how, but they somehow managed to rudely push mum and Eu away. WTF!?

DSC04948
Enough of the venting, you have to pay to go into the temple.

DSC04958
Temple's narrow, narrow, entrance.

DSC04953
I wonder how this Buddha gets a 'peace' of mind when every tourists who paid were suppose to knock this bell three times each.

DSC04952
DSC04951
It's quite heavy. The first time Eu and I knocked this giant bell, the chime sounded like a whisper.

DSC04969
Dad got me a maple leave and asked me to put it in the book I was reading. He said to check on it again yearssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss later. I wonder what would happen. Hmm~


Next stop was where I got my best buy of my favourite item. The Silk Factory.

DSC04970
Mill, whatever,

DSC04971
An illustration of the life cycle of a silk worm.

DSC04973
See those white cocoons???

DSC04975
This is what they do with them.

DSC04974
Dip your hands into this cloudy water and it has the same effect as SK II miracle water. That's why the hands of these workers are softer than yours! They are softer than baby's skin!!!

DSC04976
Silk quilts.

DSC04978
Give 2 men a 100% silk quilt one man goes home with empty hands. Give 2 men a 50% silk quilt, both men go back with one each.

DSC04979
This was what we brought home with us. The two white packages in front are pillows. The white stripes patch has silk worm's shit inside. SERIOUSLY. Apparently, they were traditionally used to cure insomnia.

DSC04983
There was even a fashion show to parade silk clothes.

DSC04991
This one quite nice. I would steal this. lol

DSC04986
If you are old and single and didn't get to mingle in a wedding's after-party, this could be the right dress to wear as you could sleep in it as a night gown after you got all drunk in tears and alcohol. Who has the mood to change man!

DSC04994
World's Most Comfortable Cheong Sam.

DSC04998
The Silk Mall.


Lunch was a simple one here:

DSC05000
Sadly, I'm your food today. No pictures of food from lunch as there was nothing special.


Next up is Jin Ji Lake for an after-lunch stroll:

DSC05011
DSC05003
DSC05002
Kick that harder, bro!! Yeeaahhhhhh~

DSC05004
Cuz I'm stealin' that bitch from you, OLD MAN!

DSC05006
She's wailing from behind~

DSC05005
The siblings' favourite tour guide from Su Zhou.

DSC05010
My family and the 3 tour guides.

DSC05007
Guys, I know you love your wife, or girlfriends; but that doesn't mean you have to pose with their handbags yo~! ;P

DSC05008
I know you love your man, ladies... But helping him to scratch his backside at public is just not eye-candy, sweetie~

DSC05013
Do it the proper way. (=


The last touristy location of today is at WuXi. Since it took us a few hours to reach there... I did something naughty in the bus.....

DSC05015
Cam-whoring was something I did,

DSC05014
But that's not the naughty deed.

DSC05018
This, is naughty. HAHAHA!!! It must be the Japs' curse kickin'.


The Gigantic Ling Shan Buddha:

DSC05051
LOOK!!! The one behind!

DSC05047
It was raining quite heavily, and thank God I bought an umbrella.

DSC05045
This would be the size of the gigantic Buddha's palm if you wanna know what the ratio is like.

DSC05046
The Ha-Ha God.

DSC05038
DSC05040
Looks like Rome to me~!

DSC05022
We went inside the 'Rome' building and everyone had to wear a pair of Sami pad-less shoes so that we don't wet the floors.

DSC05021
This would be a fun picture to tag in Facebook. North South East West - Which is dad's and which is mine?

DSC05036
Amazingly, it suits my outfit. Can I have em shoes?? Please~

DSC05020
The interior design of this place is FREAKING awesome. Call me a bumpkin, but this seriously gets my vote.

The ceiling, changes color from this:
DSC05025

To this:
DSC05026
The tiny white stars are like Zodiacs!!

DSC05033
This changes color too, but I obviously couldn't capture them all in stills.

DSC05030
Na mo, na mo~~

DSC05035
Cushions for monks.

DSC05037
It was still raining heavily when we came out...

DSC05041
I bought one transparent umbrella at Seoul, lost it. Another transparent umbrella at Taipei, lost that too. And the funny thing is, I didn't leave them anywhere; they just went missing! Finally I got this from China, and I wish I can keep this for as long as I can.


Outside there was a show; which pretty much reminds me of Final Fantasy X - how they incorporate religion into machines:

DSC05059
DSC05064

Here's a video of it.


Yang Yang said that a trip to China is not complete if one doesn't get to experience what a rainy day is like there. Perhaps we could consider ourselves lucky, but honestly? I was so glad when the gigantic Buddha place was the last highlight of the day.

Our hotel was a 5 stars one that night, so checking-in asap sounded like the rightest thing to do.

DSC05069
DSC05073
Where's Suga' Daddi?!

DSC05076
Listening to some jazzy hotel music while waiting for Eu to shower.

DSC05088
Dinner was held in the hotel itself with many, many dishes awaiting...

DSC05080
Since we were at WuXi, we MUST HAVE WuXi Pai Gu / ribs.

DSC05081
Squirell Fish is the name.

DSC05083
Ying Yi Tan (Silver Fish Egg)

DSC05086
China's version of paku-pakis. It's just so hard to swallow.

DSC05087
And this an absolutely hearty corn and braised meat pot stew.

The above are signature WuXi dishes and that's why I banyak chai kang to take the pictures for you.

DSC05089
This top of mine is actually the scarf I wore during the day. Can you tell?

DSC05093
DSC05092
DSC05068
DSC05079
Buffet the next day was held here. See you soon! *;)