Thursday, May 28, 2009

Red Eggs

DSC03908
Not swollen balls.


DSC03939
Ginger party
, the charming custom celebrating a baby's birthday!

DSC03896
It was Julian's birthday at the beginning of the Taurus month. What you see laid on this table was ALL prepared, cooked, baked, and made by
my Super Mom!


I DON'T CARE HOW GREATLY YOU THINK OF YOUR MOM,
BUT I THINK MY MUM IS THE SUPERMOM !!!!!!!!!!



Read this to trust it. Here we goooO~!


***

Let's start with the acar.

DSC03913
You might think that these cucumbers are soft and soggy but no! They are
very plum and crunchy cucumbers. Only counted 10 chillies? Don't get cheated. These cucumber stripes are real magic tongue-burners!!!

Perhaps you won't believe how some common, average looking pickles can taste so special. But they are seriously the best I've ever tasted (cuz actually to make
acar got secret & petua one!), especially when it goes together with mom's Nasi Hujan Panas.

DSC03917
This colourful gala rice is so fragrant and memorable.

DSC03919
Oh look! It comes together with the
Ayam Rendang TOK, acar nenas, cucumber jeruk, and the SAMBAL! Cannot miss out the sambal okay~ *slurpsss

DSC03916
This is a different thing. This is
Nasi Kunyit. I can't compare which is more distinct or distinguished but what I really know is it solely depends on your own taste preference.

DSC03922
Char Hokkien Mee
with Baby Heh (Prawns)! One word - TASTY.

DSC03915
Laksa Johor
got eggs one. Laksa KT cannot have eggs. If not the Terengganu-ians will throw eggs at you lorh.

DSC03924
Speaking about KT, this is mom's marked and notable KT
Ngoyok (rojak betik).

DSC03912
There's also
another type of Rojak Betik - SOMTAM!

Remember my
PPKP post of Perlis? My mom just had to taste it, and now we have the EXACT same SOMTAM from all-da-way from Perlis! =DDD

DSC03927
Add in the secret ingredient - yellow somtam sugar.

DSC03928
And pound it with damn
kaolat juiii chili padi berbagai spesis.

So we have Nasi Hujan Panas with Ayam Rendang Tok, Nasi Kunyit, The Acar Families, Hokkien mee, Laksa Johor, Rojak Betik, Somtam... Can you imagine???
Ask us to come out with one sambal also might pengsan.

***


*Jeng Jeng Jeng~* Here comes dessert and kuih-muih section!

DSC03925
Pure Red Bean soup
. Why is this special? Sorry naik lorry got secret also lah... Cannot tell you.

It is about the beans' texture... They don't drop their skins like
kacang lupakan kulit, still sebiji-sebijik, but not hard nor soggy. The TEXTURE of these beans are perfect and is what they call 'Just Right!'.

DSC03902
Kampung Cina
Bun
(from KT's Kampung Cina) with White Coconut.

DSC03910
Can go sell around houses deee. *horns honk into your earlobes*

DSC03905
I believe these are f*cking awesome too cuz I heard some guests orgasm-screamed when they bit through these buns; but what a shame I was too full I missed out this one! In the end I don't know where they all went and never knew what's stuffed inside... ))))):

DSC03901
KT Pulut Liper
(Leper). Taste and texture wise better than the ori ones sold at KT because they kedekut inti ikan.

DSC03900
Mangit / Manggis kueh
. We don't know why is the name as such. I don't see any resemblance of it to mangosteen but yes - Inside these pillows stuffed naked green beans' paste! Pardon me I forgot what's that called in a single word.

DSC03907
KT Kueh Bantern
. Julian's favourite.

DSC03904
Oh. My. God. This one.
Kuih Puteri Mandi and Hokkien Alkaline Kueh!! Eat dee feels like a Hokkien Princess bathing in Sugar wtf~

DSC03909
Kuih Tai Tai
; a Nyonya delicacy with sauce. Eat dee feels like Tan Kim Hock's wife.


***


Again, all these were hand made by mom herself. Sigh~ I just feel like I have to sigh for her. If you (ever) are starting to feel tired reading this, mom must have felt 50 times worse. And if you think this list ends here, your middle name must be Silly.

Cuz
HOW can we NOT have a BIRTHDAY CAKE in a BIRTHDAY PARTY?!?!?!

Mom took this recipe book and showed it to Julian for him to choose his fav birthday cake design. You know which one he picked? ha ha ha...


DSC03936
Julian is quite 'uncle' for his age. He didn't go for the colorful ones. He picked the black one. TWICE!! lol~


DSC03934
And mom made it.
American Chocolate Cake. Isn't it a 100% ALIKE?! OMG!!!

DSC03940
Uncle Quek lighting up the candle...


Here is a short and sweet simple Happy Birthday video of us singing baby Jules a birthday song:




Cutie I miss You!!!

DSC03943
Blowing candles...


DSC03944
~*~ Kiddo group picture! ~*~


Superwoman Supermom made some MORE cakes. This time, it is
Cupcakes! You won't believe your eyes.....

I'm not picky
at all when it comes to food; but having a mom THIS awesome can't not make you wonder: Why spend so much money on food outside when I can have cleaner, healthier, and BETTER quality food!? I must kidnap mum from dad to live with me here. LOL!

DSC03933
Julian's chocolate selections.


DSC03932
The sunnier,
girl-ish cupcakes. Me like!

***


You know... We were chit chatting, laughing and complaining about how stuffed we were, when suddenly, somebody noticed what Julian was UP TO:

DSC03949
Curi-curi
eat cupcakes!!! hahaha... so cute how to tahan. He liked them so much he took one for his cousin! No one asked him to do this seriously:

DSC03952
My cute tiny waiter.


DSC03951
*
Awwww~*

***


Food section is now completed. But before I go, let me share with you some joyously joyful joy-joy pictures:

DSC03930
Bought this for Julian boy as his burfday present. Push the dragon into the castle and start inserting the neon colour flags in the holes with your play mates. The moment the dragon jumps / 'wakes up', he or she wins / lose! The last rule is up to you to choose.

DSC03956
Julian wanted to play but he kinda got left out. His cousins sort-of grabbed the castle away from him without any intended pushing. Pooooor fella.

DSC03959
Then he started to play the yellow ball and this time he really got bullied. There's even a video of it but I'm quite lazy to upload it cause this is not a
Study Children Psychology Blog.

DSC03961
DING DONG~ A star is here! Who is it?


DSC03962
A new baby girl who is Jule's playmate because she is too young to bully him. rofl~

DSC03964
Jule
sayanged her and gave her a peck on the cheek. ^^

DSC03967
Poked her too. @@'


DSC03966
And played the now abandoned ball with lil' missy pink dress.

DSC03969
"DRINK MORE WATER!!!" is what every parents never fail to shout about. Ha Ha.. I can still remember. I certainly still get a lot of that too!


***


Around early evening, the kids took the fun outside the house to the pool: DSC03954
I gave Julian this Frisbee and he threw it into the pool... )=

DSC03955
Uncle Quek came to the rescue! *fish, fish it out!
Which kid doesn't love the pool.

DSC03975 DSC03973 DSC03970 DSC03971
Even I love the pool. And I love children too. ^^
That's why I have so many pictures of them. XD


***


Here's the last part to this post. Julian's birthday was also the same day my article came out in Star Metro that Saturday:

DSC03938
HeHe..



Now give a BIG round of APPLAUSE to my MOM!!!!!