Thursday, March 12, 2009

Masak- Masak

For the past few weeks I haven't been eating (PROPERLY).

Breakfast: Sekeping Digestives cookie & a glass of low-fat milk (zo yi su)
Lunch : A can of kernel corn (for fiber).
Dinner : A can of tuna (for protein).

For 3 days I ate like this. And on the 3rd day itself, that night, I almost faint on the sofa.

My fridge was EMPTY and I was too LAZY to go grocery shopping. I find doing that alone very DEPRESSING, tho that is one hell of a hobby I heart like f*ck. Having that said, each time I bring myself to jalan-jalan or hang kai at Cold Storage, I spend like I could buy 2 dresses and a pair of killa' heels for my best friend's wedding. And when you buy, you EAT! So I thought I should control my buying AND eating, but NO.

DON'T DO THIS (STARVE).

I did, as much as I dare to do almost anything in the world and then face whatever consequences it may be, but I NEVER fail to know the limits and when to stop.

So I did a little revenge on myself, and went grocery shopping with my imaginary teddy.

DSC02359
I even bought the trolley.

If you believe me.


DSC02360
And now my fridge went from EMPTY (please imagine a totally naked fridge) to a chockablock impregnated fridge!

DSC02363
Jakun! Macam rusa masuk kampung peti. Hahaha!!!

DSC02367
My damn fuckin' long shopping list. It's quite sakit hati to look at the receipt.

This time, INSTEAD of starving,
I flipped through my LOW-FAT recipe book I once bought with KY. Some are really interesting and I cooked as if I were to throw a party for 10; but no one turned up except for me and my shadow wtf.


DISH 1 : HOT & SPICY RED CABBAGE WITH APPLES.

DSC02365

DSC02369
DSC02368
RED CABBAGE + APPLES + BOMBAY ONIONS = ???

DSC02386
Seasoned with cinnamon powder, mixed spiced, SALT & PEPPER?!

It's totally un-imaginable!!!!! But very healthy.


RECIPE 2 : AUBERGINE & YOGURT DIP.

DSC02366
This one very sedap.

DSC02375
Smoked (Aubergine / brinjals + Red Pepper) + garlic + low-fat yogurt = ?

DSC02377
It turned out to be a very delicious Mediterranean-ish dip for vegetables. I used broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot sticks as suggested by the recipe book.


RECIPE 3 : RATATOUILLE MACKEREL

(Now I can spell ratatouille without spell-check; thanks to cooking this TWICE!)

1st Version is from the book :

DSC01480
DSC01486
DSC01493
DSC01505
RA-TAT-OUILLE!!!

Version 2 is Racheal Ray's Recipe - She copied exactly how the rat did it in the cartoon I SWEAR she said.

DSC02498
Instead of mixing everything in a casserole, she arranged the vegetable pieces one-by-one...

DSC02500
FINAL RESULT with the TOMATOESSS, lovely TOMATOESSS~!


RECIPE 3 : TUNA CHOWDER.

DSC01494
This is one of my all-time-favourites from the book.

DSC01497
It's very very simple and quick.

DSC01487
That's why you can cam-whore without burning your hair.

DSC01504
In da pot,

DSC02499
and on the plate. :D

DSC01520
Before I could take any pictures of my dinner layout, I realized I'd already licked my bowls and plates all clean.

DSC01509
*Yay!

I also got sick of mayo as my salad dressing so I bought E.V.O.O (extra virgin olive oil), Balsamic vinegar and mustard to mix around and play with em'...

DSC09054
DSC09056
DSC09057
Me as my own waiter and customer - which reminded me of myself when I was 5 and playing masak-masak before my brother was born and after he arrived to this beautiful world I "tortured" him to be a girl. Luckily he is so manly now. @@!

DSC09063
Dinner served.

DSC02381
Yum Seng bersendirian.

DSC09079
Makan cherry tomato bersendirian.

DSC09086
Amused and entertained own self with pink camera.

Sometimes, you feel lonely and you feel like you wanna eat out. That was what I felt after my dinner. So I went for DINNER 2nd ROUND to Paddington Pancake House with Gerry.

DSC09092
Gerry Khoo, my Mr Catch-22! LOL

And this was what they served, which I think is very pricey lohhh...


DSC09089
DSC09090
Kena sembelih.

DSC09091
But at least I got to return him his Catch-22 book after 2 years? Even 3 maybe.


Again I was angry so I made my OWN breakfast ala Paddington Pancake. It tasted almost the SAME with my dinner :

DSC01443
Accompanied by a cup of hot tea (which costs me RM0.99 a sachet or FREE if it's the one I got from the hotel) plus red wine mushroom as my breakfast side-line.

Sigh. Food also so ex. If it tastes fucking awesome, never mind. But if it tastes like I can do it myself, cha a bit also nevermind what. Quote Eri, "ECONOMY BADDD!!!"


*


Mom came down 2 days ago but they went back to hometown already yesterday. However, despite the short period of time, I managed to learn a few healthy, simple but famous Korean and Jap dishes from her.


RECIPE 4 : OKONOMIYAKI

DSC02570
Cabbage & carrots for colour, can add squids if you have that's even BETTER, 1 egg yolk, sedikit flour, water, granules for seasoning...

DSC02573
Then apply barbecue + tomato sauce on one side of the yaki and tabur this Japanese fish flakes you see moving on the usual TAKOYAKI balls you buy:

DSC02576
TADA!!!

Here's a video of mine moving TOO! Hahaha~ At the end of the video you can hear my mum saying "See... it's moving oor!" So damn cute can?!



Cause she was the one who told me it can move one but then she surprised herself again. LOL!


RECIPE 5 : BIMBIBAP (is a KOREAN dish)

DSC02571
Looks too green for your stomach?

DSC02591
Well, I guess I just proved you wrong! :ppp


RECIPE 6 : JAPANESE SEAWEED EGG ROLE (you will LOVE this)

DSC02578
DSC02579
DSC02581
My mum really is very funny. She kapit the roll with the kettle. *I felt like my stomach Rolled On the kitchen Floor Laughing!

DSC02586
SURPRISE!!!!! It's like ART. No wonder they say cooking IS an art.


RECIPE 7 : JAPANESE BEEF CURRY RICE

DSC02585
So can jimat money okay... Some more it is tasty, cleaner and healthier. If you eat this outside I bet it costs you not less than 10 bucks lorh. I can cook and eat the same thing at home 5 times liau.

DSC02588
My dear curry bento with dramatic seaweed egg rolls so nice cannn???


Now you know why I dissapeared for an extra day.

ANSWER: D Kitchen.

Next post theme is WHITE, dued this Saturday. Anyone knows why? I say you are romantic. q: